Tuesday 7 July 2009

Capsule Holiday Workout


Life is tough at the moment but there are three things that keep me sane - exercise, music and writing.
And boy did I need some exercise today.
However, after my family left for school and work this morning I realised I was locked in.
What do I mean by locked in?
No, it wasn't a prison day - thankfully.
What happened was my husband and two sons went off with all the keys for the house.
Until they returned I couldn't go out because I wouldn't have been able to get back in.
I had planned a 4 mile run but was now stuck at home.
Yet if I didn't exercise I would be like a caged animal when they returned.
Determined to rid my body of some residual frustrations I decided to get my ipod and work out a circuit using one exercise per music track.
To warm up I started on the trampoline. (Will Young's Leave Right Now)
Next, Hula for a track (I kissed A Girl by Katy Perry)
Then skip for a track (Don't Stop til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson)
Then I rolled out my exercise mat and did some squats and lunges using a broom(I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker by Sandi Thom)
Back on the trampoline (She's So Lovely by Scouting For Girls)
Some More Hula's ( Billie Jean by Michael Jackson)
More skipping (Hips Don't Lie by Shakira)
Then cooldown to Ben by Michael Jackson and finally a handstand for a few minutes.
I checked my heart rate monitor and my workout had lasted just over 40 minutes with an average heart rate of 141 which is around the same as a slow 4 mile run.
Job done and apart from the trampoline I can take everything else on holiday with me as my hula hoop breaks up into sections.
Yesterday I was planning my capsule wardrobe for my holiday next month.
I hadn't really thought about my holiday routine as I normally just take my running shoes and go for a run.
But last year the heat was so intense from early on I had to rise at 6am to get a run in.
Now that is one less problem to deal with.

8 comments:

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Jane you are an inspiration!

Unknown said...

In order for me to stand on my head, I would need both my boys holding my legs up LOL!

You are in great shape!

lunarossa said...

Gosh, Jane, I get an headache just looking at your headstand! And I also feel tired for you...If you ever move to York, will you be my personal trainer? But not hula please! You look great in all shades of pink, but I like the t-shirt tucked in more. It shows the detail of the skirt...Have a nice rest. Ciao. A.

Elaine said...

You're amazing! I would've probably done NOTHING. Hahaha. Hula hooping sounds like a good idea... And since it does break apart you can easily take it with you on vaca! Excellent! I need one of those myself.....

Candycane said...

Haha your like me I do diff activities to different songs!

Although nowhere as near as long as you :D

sallymandy said...

A great example of making lemonade out of lemons.

Stephanie N. said...

Now I want to do a capsule workout like that... but I'll pass on the crazy headstand!

VLCS said...

Britain and the Commonwealth remained the only major force continuing the fight against the Axis in North Africa and in extensive naval warfare. profesores particulares de francés en Buenos AiresInterior Designer Miami