Thursday, 23 October 2008

270 days to go: Bruised


Brown and purple are normally colours I would associate with the later stages of bruising - ugly but healing.
And it may be an unconscious choice in colours today as I am slowly mending after a fearsome migraine.
I feel ugly and delicate.
I had hoped to blog about my shopping trip with Jenn but haven't felt up to it. A reluctant shopper, Jenn enlisted my help to replenish her meagre wardrobe in preparation for the Manchester Blog Awards later that evening.
Stop Press - she won.
But more importantly she wore the dress (Oasis) and boots (Primark) I made her try on.
I am hoping I will feel better later as it's my eldest son's Presentation Evening.
Wish me luck!
Dres - Ciel
Belt - ASOS
Necklace - Next
Tights - Autograph
Shoes - Clark's

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh honey, I feel for you so much. I have been a migraineur since age 15. I am currently reading a good book on the subject, "The Migraine Brain" written by a great woman doctor who has her own clinic. I am learning so much. When I am done, I will send it on. I know the horrible fuzzy afterdrome you are going through. Your face looks like a "migraine face" in the photo, I look completely like an alien to myself after my headaches...

Work With What You've Got said...

I think you look really really pretty. XOXO

notSupermum said...

Get better soon. x

Stacy said...

Feeling better! Migraines are the worst.

Jenn said...

Hi Jane

I do like that dress.
I found this link today and thought of you.

http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2008/10/22/old-clothes-for-the-new-year/

I am going to blog about our trip very soon. have fun tonight, hope your head is better.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I'm so sorry about your migraine. Migraines are no fun -- and absolutely debilitating. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I love the outfit -- I actually wore the purple/brown color combo this past weekend (I wasn't sure about it either), and ended up really liking the way it looked.

see you there! said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling 100%. Thanks for the Honest Blogger Award, I'll have to decide what to write.

Darla

The Daily Wear said...

UGH sweetie I am sorry about the migraine. I get them too so I know how you feel. By the way you look Fab! Love the colour of the dress! I hope you're feeling better!

Della Street Dreaming said...

Oh Jane, I'm a migraine sufferer too - but I quite like the fancier title of 'Migraineur'. I have had a whole career with the dreaded things, but have managed to dramatically reduce them over the past year or so by listening to meditation tracks.
Hope you're feeling better