Thursday 23 October 2008

270 days to go: Bruised


Brown and purple are normally colours I would associate with the later stages of bruising - ugly but healing.
And it may be an unconscious choice in colours today as I am slowly mending after a fearsome migraine.
I feel ugly and delicate.
I had hoped to blog about my shopping trip with Jenn but haven't felt up to it. A reluctant shopper, Jenn enlisted my help to replenish her meagre wardrobe in preparation for the Manchester Blog Awards later that evening.
Stop Press - she won.
But more importantly she wore the dress (Oasis) and boots (Primark) I made her try on.
I am hoping I will feel better later as it's my eldest son's Presentation Evening.
Wish me luck!
Dres - Ciel
Belt - ASOS
Necklace - Next
Tights - Autograph
Shoes - Clark's

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I feel for you so much. I have been a migraineur since age 15. I am currently reading a good book on the subject, "The Migraine Brain" written by a great woman doctor who has her own clinic. I am learning so much. When I am done, I will send it on. I know the horrible fuzzy afterdrome you are going through. Your face looks like a "migraine face" in the photo, I look completely like an alien to myself after my headaches...

Nana Erin said...

I think you look really really pretty. XOXO

Jean said...

Get better soon. x

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Feeling better! Migraines are the worst.

Jenn said...

Hi Jane

I do like that dress.
I found this link today and thought of you.

http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2008/10/22/old-clothes-for-the-new-year/

I am going to blog about our trip very soon. have fun tonight, hope your head is better.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I'm so sorry about your migraine. Migraines are no fun -- and absolutely debilitating. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I love the outfit -- I actually wore the purple/brown color combo this past weekend (I wasn't sure about it either), and ended up really liking the way it looked.

Darla said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling 100%. Thanks for the Honest Blogger Award, I'll have to decide what to write.

Darla

Emma said...

UGH sweetie I am sorry about the migraine. I get them too so I know how you feel. By the way you look Fab! Love the colour of the dress! I hope you're feeling better!

Della Street Dreaming said...

Oh Jane, I'm a migraine sufferer too - but I quite like the fancier title of 'Migraineur'. I have had a whole career with the dreaded things, but have managed to dramatically reduce them over the past year or so by listening to meditation tracks.
Hope you're feeling better