Wednesday 8 October 2008

285 days to go: Poartry




Tomorrow is National Poetry Day but as I'm not working in the prison then we had our event today.
I had invited my old friend Peter into the prison to talk about his work. Peter is a poartist - he writes poetry and illustrates the poem with a sketch/drawing. He has had several exhibitions in Liverpool and at his most recent one none other than Ricky Tomlison (Jim Royle in The Royle Family) opened the exhibition at the View Two Gallery in Liverpool and played his ukelele - it was a great night.
The event went well but I am exhausted as it has been a very busy week. Laying out my clothes the night before has helped!
I wore:
Dress - Wallis
Long selvved black t-shirt - Primark
Boots - Clark's
Pashmina - free with magazine
Jacket - Tesco

3 comments:

Heather Bestel said...

Sounds like you had a fab day.
I have met Ricky a few times back in Liverpool and he really is funny.
There is a little tiny village up here where he comes for his hols.
You can find him propping up the bar in the local pub.
People do a "double take" - they're not really sure it's him.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Great dress!

Karina said...

These pashminas free with magazine stun me! British magazines have the best giveaways!