Tuesday, 5 May 2009

77 days to go: A New Challenge
















A difficult day today.
It was Bank Holiday yesterday which means that I have to cram five days work into four days this week.
THEN, my daughter chooses today to be sick.
She started with a runny nose.
Then a cough.
Then a sore throat.
The classic symptoms of......swine flu.
And normal flu.
And an ordinary cold.
As I write she is having a bath after enjoying my sickness barometer meal of tomato soup and cheese on toast.
Once I knew she could eat that I knew it was more than likely a common cold.
She is sooo disappointed!
But then I do come from a long line of hypochondriacs.

Which is why I am late joining Kimberley's challenge for May.
Today I have missed Mexican Embroidery Day but I am hoping to stick with it for the rest of May.
Why not join me?

Today I wore...
Shoes - Clarks
Dress- Dorothy Perkins
Tights - Marks and Spencer
Cardigan - Primark
Corsage - off an old cardigan.

12 comments:

notSupermum said...

My Dad said he thought he had caught 'that Duck flu'....I'm just waiting for him to start quacking.

I like the colour of your cardi, very pretty.

i_b_erin said...

Very pretty....Love the rose, and the tights are STUNNING!!

http://erandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

Modest Mom said...

I love those tights!

丽英 said...

http://www.gobrandmall.com is a professional online shop.
We mainly supply Jordan,Nike,Puma and other sneakers,
Including Jordan 2009 and other 2009 new styles of shoes.
LV,GUCCI,PRADA,FENDI and other luxurious handbags.
You can save at least 70% from here.
Shipping is free in these days.
Our website is construction now,the products will update in these days.
If you want to buy any sneakers that don’t exist in it,please feel free to contact me,we will meet your demand.
Welcome!

Stephanie N. said...

Like others have said, the tights are awesome. Couldn't we just call them "ode to Mexican embroidery?"

Jane said...

notsupermum - Glad to hear you had a good time on your retreat and wondering if your dad went to see a quack!
Erin - I think I should wear these tight smore often.
Modest Mom - Thanks.
Stephanie - What a great idea - my Mexican Ode (or should that be oddity?)

Candycane said...

You look lovely - I shall pop in from time to time on the challenge - am working on my own little challenge for the next few outfits :)

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Well, despite the fact that it was a difficult day, you ended up looking great! :) (Glad to hear it's looking like just a cold and not swine flu!)

Mervat said...

I just had a long chuckle at nonSupermum's comment... God she's good!

And, you look Ab Fab in this outfit. I just love those colours on you.

Jane said...

Candycane - likewise.
Michelle - as a mother I always fear the worst!
Mervat - yes the comments made me smile too.

Sher said...

Pretty tights!

lunarossa said...

Hi Jane, I wouldn't have totally freaked out! And my daughter would have freaked out too! Hope your's better by know. I like your ability of transforming anf "recycling" and this on top of work, family etc....My compliments! Ciao. A.