Sunday 25 January 2009

177 days to go: Working The Wardrobe with shades of grey



The purists (Jenn) who come to this blog expecting me to only wear what I had in my wardrobe back in July may be disappointed.
I have had acquired new clothes, many new clothes since I started this experiment.
However, the title of the blog is Workthatwardrobe and comes with a pledge NOT to spend an extra penny on clothes for 365 days.
My intentions were to work with what I had but it became very clear very soon that I didn't have the right balance of clothes to keep me going for a year.
So I scoured my closet and I divided my clothes into piles - keep, charity shop, save for my daughter and eBay.
With the eBay pile I allowed myself to use the Paypal credit I gained to acquire new clothes.
Here is another new acquisition from Dorothy Perkins which is new and which I love.
And I still haven't spent an extra penny on clothes since July.

Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Boots - Whistles
Tights - John Lewis
Top - C & C
Necklace - Next

9 comments:

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Cute - love the necklace.

I'm not a purist!

Darla said...

Great dress. I commend you on not spending for the year. Sometime I'd like to follow a story where no new clothes were added tho. I could almost do that, I rarely buy clothes. I can't find anything I want or the quality I want... at least in my price range.

Darla

Andrea Eames said...

Lovely dress - it looks like a real wardrobe staple.

Mrs. MK said...

love this outfit!! Looks great on you!!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Very cute but also very comfy looking! And, how are you doing?

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I love that dress -- what a great find. It will be great for the spring, too. Maybe with some bright yellow accessories.

Kayleigh said...

Super dress, it looks FANTASTIC on you! I too adore the necklace...that really makes the outfit special.

Sheila said...

This is a lovely dress and wow, what a great cut on you!

tooblonde1 said...

This is so cute, I love how you layered the dress! I own a grey dress alot like this that I was saving for summer....yay, now I'm inspired!