Thursday 8 January 2009

193 days to go: Pimp My Dress Part Two



Today is the turn of notsupermum and fashionably later who suggested I wear the dress with vibrant colours and a jacket.
This jacket belongs to my daughter. It is from Gap and age 12-13. Gap do enormous children's sizes and while it is a little too big for my 11-year-old daughter it is a little too small for me which is why I wore the brooch to keep it all together.

Dress and Boots: Dorothy Perkins
Jacket: Gap
Tights: Tesco
Polo neck sweater: New LooK

5 comments:

Jean said...

Am totally in awe of the fact you can get into your 11 year old daughter's jacket :-)

Yes, I like that look very much - an inspired choice!

Jane said...

Thanks nsm but as I said the jacket is very big for an age 12-13 and far too big for my daughter at present.
She is a few inches shorter than me and an adult size 6-8 with a shoe size of 3.
I am a size 10 and shoe size 4.5. I don't know whether to be excited or terrified about the next few years!

Darla said...

I like it! The broach used as a pin/closure if getting lots of milage these days. I first saw it on Michelle Obama of course.

Darla

Christina Lee said...

I like how you used the brooch!I like the look!

Kayleigh said...

(Hey notSupermum, great minds!)

Jane -- I love it! And I totally can see how you could wear your daughter's stuff. Like you my mom is petite and often borrowed my things when we were the same ages as you and your daughter...of course I got even with her later in teenage years and raided her closet constantly, lol. I even still have some pieces of jewelry she "lent" me ;)

The pink is gorgeous on you...you really can't go wrong with this dress, it's a winner!