Thursday 8 January 2009

192 days to go: Dressing up is child's play


It is getting to be a case of first up, best dressed in our house.
I took a leaf out of my 13-year-old son's book.
Joe takes advantage of the fact that his older brother likes a lie-in and leaves the house wearing Sam's hoodie.
As I'm always up first (and as a reward for tidying her wardrobe) I decided to borrow my daughter's new orange sweater.
Aged 11-12 the sweater cost just £4.00.
But as you can see it's not only the children's clothes I borrow.
Last year their Christmas gift - a trampoline - proved to be utterly irresistible while they are at school.
The same this year with their new Guitar Hero game.



Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Tights - Tesco
Skirt and Belt - Matalan
Sweater - Asda (Wal-Mart)
Necklace - Next

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you there - we got Guitar Hero and Rock Band and dare I say it they have surpassed Singstar! Could do with more songs for female singers though, my boys were quite taken with ACDC though.

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

You look great - love the necklace too. So good you can fit into your daughter's clothes!

Darla said...

Shopping in your daughters closet seems to be working well. This outfit is great.

Darla

Boutique Girl said...

My bf is getting Guitar hero for is birthday this weekend!!
LOVE the orange sweater.

Jean said...

The outfit looks great - I love the orange - not a colour you tend to see a lot of.

I won't be wearing my daughter's clothes anytime soon, my 12 year old is a size6/8 (UK size) and I'm....well, I'm not! But she is a size 6 shoe and I'm a size 7 and she is looking enviously at some of my shoes at the moment....not a good sign!

Kayleigh said...

Super look! I adore orange and blondes especially look lovely in it. That necklace really is the cherry on top, very cool :)

You look rockin' with that axe!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I love the orange on you. It looks fantastic!

My kids just got a trampoline for their birthdays/Christmas. I think I love it as much as they do... :)

Sheila said...

Great outfit on you, Jane! Love the orange.

You look very rocker-chick with that guitar, ha!