Wednesday 25 March 2009

117 days to go:Windy Wednesday




The weather forecast was right; it was very windy as you can see by my hair.
I was working in the prison today.
In the morning I led a three hour writing workshop before working out in the prison gym.
In the afternoon I went to see how our Postcard Fiction project was progressing.
A few weeks ago we created collages from magazine images and scanned them into A6 size.
After that I challenged the group to create a piece of prose concise enough to fit on the back of the postcard.
It has taken a lot of work but they are almost finished.
Before I left I met the new magazine team.
Earlier this week a magazine we produce in the prison (which is circulated to every UK jail) was finally printed and it is time to start all over again wih a new team. I always enjoy the early days of a publication when the ideas are flying around - a bit like my hair!

I wore....
Boots, necklace and black top - Dorothy Perkins
Cardigan - Principles
Skirt - Marks and Spencer
Tights and belt - Tesco

Thursday's Wardrobe Weatherwatch: 8c and light rain.

9 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I love hearing about your work.

And, I adore that necklace... so pretty.

Academichic said...

I agree, your job is fascinating! How did you get into it? How did you end up working at the women's prison?

And you look wonderful as always! S.

NICOLE said...

I'm intrigued by your blog. Judging by the current eco-political climate, I find it both culturally relevant and inspiring :) Best, Nicole

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Love your necklace

lunarossa said...

As I think I told you before, your job sounds very interesting, Jane! I live not far from Sand Hutton high security prison and when I found out I freaked out. It's fantastic that you can deal with such wonderful projects in such a difficult environment....All the best. Ciao. A.

Jane said...

I have to agree my job is very interesting and I will post about it very soon.
Thanks for your comments.

Mervat said...

Blue and green should Always be seen!
xo

Darla said...

Very nice, very professional but with your own individuality showing through.

Darla

lunarossa said...

Sorry, Jane, the prison near me is at Full Satton, not Sand Hutton. I always confuse these two villages. My neighbour is actually the librarian there, just in case you'd like to make an appearance. Ciao. A.