Wednesday 4 March 2009

138 days to go: One Skirt Three Ways, Day Two: Shopping By The Book


I took the blue denim skirt and added black and pink to the mix today.
The theme of our work at the prison today was "masks" and it made me think that pink is my mask.
I often think of pink as something to hide behind when I'm feeling a little low - it helps me put on a cheery mask to the world.

I had a voucher to save £7.00 off my shopping today and Tesco had a two for £7.00 offer on. I decided to indulge myself in two books - The Secret Shoppers Revenge by Kate Harrison and A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff.










I WANT that dress on the cover.






I wore:

Black boots - Dorothy Perkins
Denim Skirt - Marks and Spencer
Pink top - George
Pink jacket - Gap Kids
Necklace - Next

16 comments:

KT said...

Jane, I never thought I would say this but I think we have a problem. Somehow the closer you get to the end of this the cuter your outfits wind up being. Maybe you don't need to get anything anymore???

Jane said...

KT - That is a very scary thought!

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

love your necklace

Mervat said...

The shape of this skirt is just perfect for you. And of course that pink...WOW!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

That is a great dress on the cover. I really love pink... and it is a good color for you.

Stephanie N. said...

I want that dress, too!

Academichic said...

Great outfit once more, love the black and pink together. But I'm biased, it's a favorite color combination of mine. S.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I'm a little late for the challenge, but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. And, btw, your hair is looking supa-fab -- I love it. :)

Sheila said...

Oh, I really like this outfit! You really do look great in pink.

I haven't forgotten about the pink jacket - just haven't gotten around to mailing it (sorry).

Della Street Dreaming said...

I agree with the others! Pink looks great on you.
I finished the challenge today!

Christina Lee said...

great job again!

Darla said...

It is fun looking back through the three outfits you created to meet the challenge (two had pink).

Let me know how the books are.

Darla

Mervat said...

Just to let you know that after tonight I would have completed the challenge. I have already posted the evening version of my skirt (the challenge has shown me just how versatile the thing is!). It was alot of fun! Thank you for a great challenge.
M.
xxoo

lunarossa said...

Jane, that denim skirt is perfect with pink tops! Sorry I did not take part, I'm just useless with combining clothes...But I'm learning from you and from the other participant bloggers. Thanks. Ciao. Antonella

Trace said...

Hi Jane! Wow that skirt is perfect on you. I'm a big fan of pink. And there's nothing like new books! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kayleigh said...

Ooooh a challenge, and I almost missed it! Count me in, I shall do it next week, perhaps M/W/F...or do they have to be three days in a row?

This skirt you are wearing is FAB -- what a great piece, so versatile and it looks lovely on you :)