Wednesday 27 August 2008

327 days to go: Cowgirl rides again



Yesterday's heels were a little ambitious after a holiday spent mainly in flats or barefeet.
My poor feet ached and the newly soft skin on my toes rubbed in even my favourite well-worn shoes.
I wanted flat (tish), warm and stylish.
I ha dnothing.
Until I remembered a recent rummage through the garage to find my son's wellies (for a camping trip).
I had caught sight of an old pair of cowboy boots I had barely worn.
I went back to the garage and recovered these this morning.
As for the dress, well, what remains of my tan has to be shown at its best with a white linen dress.
I barely wear this dress as it is an odd shape. I bought it from Zara in 2003 when I was about 20 pounds heavier. I decided to cinch it in with a tie belt and add some jewellery I got free with the Spanish Instyle Magazine I read on holiday.

Boots.. Dorothy Perkins (2003)
Dress.. Zara (2003)
Belt.. ASOS (2008)
Necklace and Bangle (free with Spanish In Style Magazine)

12 comments:

SHOEGAL said...

Great boots! I can't wait to wear mine some more this winter. I bet it's a bit of a culture shock coming back from Spanish sunshine to this dull dingy weather.

Jean said...

You look fabulous! And what a tiny waist, especially after 4 children!

Jane said...

Shoegal _ IT is a culture shock. Out of shot is a nice, warm cardigan!
notsupermum - thanks. It's all about camera angles!
I have also worn the belt quite high, around my ribcage. It creates the illusion of a smaller waist. If I wear it on my waist I look like a sack of spuds!

Boutique Girl said...

it is good to have you back and blogging! Looks like a great trip!

Darla said...

Caught up on all the travel posts. I'm inspired. I think I can get out of my jammies now, LOL!

Darla

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Just found your blog through "Of a Certain Age." I loved looking through your past posts -- we used to live in England, so it was like a recap of some of my most favorite shops (how I wish I could buy NEXT stateside)! Anyway, I'm so intrigued by your "no new clothes for a year" challenge.

Sheila said...

Awesome outfit! Love the belt and the boots.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, this is so sexy and I would wear it right here in California right up to December. I love the look! Smart you are for where you tied the belt--at the smallest part of your waist!

KT said...

You look so stylish in this! And for real, free? Do you know what kind of free jewelry I would get? Crap! But yours is AWESOME!

Jane said...

Boutique Girl - It is nice to be back. Honest!!

Darla - Thanks.But jammies are sooo comfy!

Michelle - Welcome. Yes, Next lost its way for a while but now and again comes up trumps.

Sheila. Thank you. I usually hate the impending winter but I am getting excited about darker colours and I hadn't worn the belt since I bought it in June.

KT - The free gifts in the UK are rubbish too. The Spanish seem to know how to do it!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Great outfit! Looking forward to reading more about the vacay....

Emma said...

This look is amazing on you. It accentuates your curves perfectly!!