Friday 29 August 2008

Another diversion


I was reading the September issue of UK Vogue the other night and read a great article, "Show and Tell" by Cressida Connolly. It is all about the Dulwich Picture Gallery's new exhibition. Forty people in the public eye were asked to choose 8 from a list of 12 favourite things such as favourite food, animal, pastime etc. Then they had to illustrate them in all kind of artistic ways. It is based on a Victorian Parlour Game.
I decided to trawl through my magazines and pick pictures of things that inspired and motivated me to create a collage.
This is what I came up with. It includes what I already have and love - my family, my fruit trees, my red clothes, running, notepads, pens, stationery, guitar etc
More ethereal/fleeting aspirations and experiences such as writing a book, flamenco, sunrises etc.
And my wish-list, a room of my own to write, a visit ti the Alahambra palace.

"What Are You Like?" runs from September 9-December 14 www.Dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk

4 comments:

Darla said...

You know I'm going to have to check this out! Paper and glue, a recipe for fun.

Darla

Jane said...

I thought it would appeal to you Darla.

KT said...

OK, you are going to crack up- We're sitting here and my daughter says "You know that cute lady with the blog?" And we determined she meant yours, and then she said "She has a hot son" Oooh, long distance romance, how cute!

Jane said...

KT - Yours was the first comment I saw today and it made me laugh.
Me, cute?
My son, hot?
Before I pass on the good news, which son? She has 3 to choose from!