Saturday 9 August 2008

345 days to go: Bangs are Back




I woke today to grey skies, clouds and rain. I knew I would because today was the day I had booked my haircut.
A few weeks ago I had asked for suggestions, saying I was thinking of a bob. I had a bob on my mind until Thursday when I saw Lulu on television. I loved her hair. Maybe it was my flashbacks to the 80's that had done it but I remember wearing my hair like this. A kind of post-Farrah Fawcett Majors look.
So I took a picture of Lulu to my hairdresser, Gavin, and this is his interpretation. Not quite there but the fringe (bangs) are back. Maybe a few more layers next time.
And to go with the layered theme my attire followed suit for the day. Tonight we are having friends round for dinner,it is a Greek theme (I have just seen Mamma Mis twice and my husband is reading The Island by Victoria Hislop). I have a dress with a Grecian style bodice which I will wear tonight.
Day...
Cut off jeans ..Kids section, Tesco (2008)
Turquoise T... C& C (2008)
Taupe top...Marks and Spencer (2008)
Shoes..Clark's (2008)
Necklace..Monsoon (2008)
Hair: Gavin
Photo:Paul

13 comments:

Jean said...

Your hair looks fab! I've booked my appointment for next week btw.

Boutique Girl said...

Your hair looks great! Please excuse me if this comes across as being rude (not the way it is intended!) this is a much nicer sleeker look on you! It suits you so well and it makes you look younger and more polished!

Ally said...

Love the new 'do! Looks fab on you! :)

Jane said...

Thanks for your compliments, they are very much appreciated.
Boutique Girl - I am not offended. I think having a fringe back helps as it means I can forget about not having the money to pay for Botox!

Darla said...

Like the new do, liked the shorter hairstyle in the bathing suit pic too tho.

So what's on the menu for the Greek Theme dinner?

Darla

Christina Lee said...

I like your outfit! Reminds me of something I would wear.

Audi said...

That's a beautiful cut on you, and I agree with boutique girl that the sleek look is better. And those shoes! *drool*

Jane said...

Darla - to start it will be stuffed vine leaves, houmous, taramasalata, sardines and Tzatsiki served with pitta bread and olives.
Main course is a tomato and aubergine stew (for the veggies) and with chicken for everyone else. This is served with trice and Greek salad.
Dessert is mixed fruit served with Greek Yogurt, Honey and toasted almonds.
Christina - welcome and thanks.
Audi. I am in love with the shoes too. When Leah, my sister in law called today she said: "Jane, do you always clean the house in sparkly shoes?"

KT said...

Spot on! You look outstanding. The new do is so flattering and makes you look younger! Awesome! Are you really considering Botox? I went for a consult about Restalyn but freaked out and left.

Sheila said...

Love the hair! I like the ends flipped out like that. Great combo of turquoise and grey in your outfit.

Where's the picture of the party dress?

Just read the comments - don't you dare do Botox! You don't need it one bit. :)

Emma said...

Love the hair! Bangs suit you!

Jane said...

KT and Sheila - I wouldn't do Botox, really. One, I can't afford it and two, I just want to look the best I can naturally, whatever age. When I saw Priscilla Presley being interviewed a few years back I made my mind up never to do plastic surgery/invasive treatments even if I could afford them.

Anonymous said...

HURRAH FOR YOU! When are women in their 40s and 50s going to realize that bangs are softening, youthful and SEXY!!! Love the look. You're a darling girl.

Karen
karen-ofacertainage.blogspot.com