Monday 4 August 2008

350 days to go: Thrown together


I really need to do some planning. I tried several times to get dressed this morning and nothing worked. The weather is changeable too. It's cold. I hate cold. I started this look off with a lovely pink camisole under the black waistcoat but it was too cold so I added a shirt. The shirt is far too big for me but I do love it.
I bought this skirt a couple of years ago and hardly wore it. When I tried it on recently I realised why - it was far too long. I shortened it and I like it much better now.
This is the best I am going to get today.
Better luck tomorrow!

But until then I will be wearing.....
Skirt: Tesco (2006)
Shirt: Laura Ashley (Charity Shop (2008)
Flip Flops: Dorothy Perkins (2006)
Black Waistcoat: Oasis (2008)
Necklace: Next (several years old)
Ear-rinds: Tesco (2007)
Sunglasses: Tesco (2008)

6 comments:

Darla said...

Love those waistcoats (even tho we call them vests here in CA). It can't be that cold if you are wearing flip flops tho :-)

I linked to your blog on this mornings post - you inspired me to art.

Darla

Jean said...

Hi again, I have been enjoying your blog so much it has inspired me to start a new one too. I hope you don't mind, but just think that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.....

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

You do better than me without planning! I tend to gravitate to the same outfits. And, lately always dresses and skirts..... Love the skirt!

Sheila said...

It's really cute - I love the vest with the girly stuff. My only complaint is the shoes - I'd like a more formal shoe to contrast with the girly and go with the vest. The flip-flops are just too casual. Otherwise, you look lovely!

Jane said...

Darla - I know I get confused sometimes. A vest to us in the UK is what you guys call a cami (I think). I will try and use both descriptions in future. Love those scrap dollies you made.
notsupermumum - I am flattered. Happy blogging.
Stacy - I know what you mean, for me it used to be jeans, t-shirt and cardigan but I am pushing myself out of y comfort zone and making myself wear the stuff I have bought but hardly worn.
Sheila - You are so right. There was something not quite right about the outfit and I think you have it.

ICE COLD SURF said...

I LIKE THIS OUTFIT! YOU LOOK REALLY GOOD IN IT! OH, AND THANKS FOR CHECKIN OUT MY BLOG! :p