Wednesday 26 November 2008

237 days to go: Sun and Fun in Liverpool




What a busy day!
After working in the prison I travelled to Liverpool for the final of the Mace and Jones Short Story Competition which was organised by Martin's firm to celebrate Liverpool's Capital of Culture.
I used to work on the PR account at Mace and Jones before I started work at the prison so it was nice to be invited to the launch back in July.
I hadn't entered the competition but my friend Cathy did. And she won. The announcement was at St George's Hall and presenting the prizes was Professor Phil Redmond, the creative genius behind Grange Hill, Brookside, Hollyoaks and numerous other television projects.
The theme of the competition was justice and Cathy had written a short story about the hairdresser who visited Ruth Ellis shortly before her execution.
Cathy wrote the story after meeting Herbert (whose new television series is out shortly) and plans to convert it into a play.
I am sure she will.
Cathy's partner is my very good friend Peter and after that we were invited to a reception organised by the Valencia Tourist Board.
We had our photograph taken in front of a sea and sand backdrop which was fun and I came home with a Goodie Bag including a Paella Pan!
Ole!

I wore
Blue Boots - Whistles
Blue and white skirt - Gap
Red T-shirt - Primark
Red sweater - Zara
Red Scarf - M&S

3 comments:

Heather Bestel said...

Wow - what a great day. You're making me all homesick with talk of Brookie.
Hx

Martin Edwards said...

It was great to see you, Jane, and I'm delighted your friend turned out to be the big winner.

Sheila said...

Great outfit! I love the layering.