Sunday 16 November 2008

246 days to go: This is why I don't knit anymore




Another Sunday, another football match. Or two.
My 8-year-old plays at 12.30pm and my 13-year-old at 2pm. It is a long afternoon especially as my husband is the manager of both teams.

Today I am delegated to peanut butter sandwich and flask making duty before following on for the first Match of the Day.
I need to be warm, warm, warm.
There is no other reason why I would wear this sweater other than it remains underneath a coat and it is the warmest item of clothing I own.
As you can see it is not a great piece of work.
I made several schoolgirl errors when I made this.
1. I bought the wool off eBay because I thought it was a bargain.
2. I couldn't find any patterns that used that particular wool.
3, I decided to go ahead with a pattern I had for some totally different yarn.
4. I never checked the tension. Doh!

With it I wore...
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Scarf - mag
Underneath I have two long sleeved t-shirts (aqua and cream form M&S and C&C)
Jumper - as previously discussed!
Bracelet - my daughter's.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I'm pretty impressed - even with all those "mistakes", that's quite a lovely sweater.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Hey, I think that is pretty darn good.

Andrea Eames said...

That sweater looks so cosy!

Ally said...

Still - you knitted a sweater! That's awesome :) The "biggest" thing I've done is socks. Can't take the leap to sweaters yet.