Monday 10 November 2008

Join my Capsule Wardobe Challenge

Some of my long term blogging friends may recall that back in July I set myself a theoretical capsule wardrobe challenge.
I had to take 10 items including shoes, clothes and accessories to create five outfits to wear for a working week.
I didn't actually wear them but mocked them up for the blog.
This time I am doing it for real with a few changes.
As the weather in the UK is so much cooler I will not include coats, underwear, hosiery and accessories.
However, the five outfits for Monday to Friday must centre around 10 items and that includes shoes and boots.
I will be setting myself this challenge to begin Monday December 1st when my NaNoWriMo challenge has finished.
Anyone care to join me?

12 comments:

Jean said...

Yes, I'll have a go with you Jane. I always plan out my outfits a day ahead, and this will make it even more interesting. Btw, does a scarf count as an accessory?

Michelle@Life with Three said...

That sounds like fun -- you can count me in. I've been meaning to set out my "wardobe essentials" for the fall/winter season and do something similar. So, that will work perfectly.

Jane said...

I am so pleased that you are both joining me.
I would say that during the winter months a scarf can be classed as an accessory
I am already plotting and planning!

Sheila said...

I'm in! I think I can do this for one week. Can you post a reminder closer to the date? I'm going to forget otherwise. :)

Andrea Eames said...

What a good idea! I'm in for December as well.

Jane said...

Great Andrea. So there's five of us already.
I will post again the week before with the rules!

Shallow Coffee said...

I have only commented a couple of times, but I love the idea. I'm in!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I might have to jump in and see if I can come up with something. I hope I can make it work with what I've got, but if not, I'll find some things online and do a mock-up.

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

I have accepted the challenge and here is my entry http://insideoutstyle.blogspot.com/2008/11/10-items-1-working-week-work-that.html

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am in. This is easy for me. Ten pieces in temperate weather is no biggie here. You have to go back to one of my first posts from August about how I lived out of a suitcase from HOME for five days. I hated my clothes at the end! I should have packed the suitcase full instead of trying to be a style martyr!Go look!

Kayleigh said...

Ooooh, my first challenge as a blogger -- ok, I'm in! So glad Mrs Makeover mentioned this on her blog and I saw it :D

Will be blogging about it w/a link back here sometime next week.

Thanks!!!

Kasmira said...

I will join you, also! It will definitely be "challenging," especially since I love to wear different things every day.