Saturday 22 November 2008

240 days to go: New York, John Lennon and My Hat























It was a freezing Saturday this weekend and I was still cold as I drove my eldest son to referee a football match.
On the way we travelled through the Penny Lane area of Liverpool, immortalised in the song of the same name.
And as I passed the fire station where "there is a fireman" who "likes to keep his fire engine clean", it came to me - my faux leather Baker Boy hat.
I had bought it in preparation for my trip to New York in 2002 when I ran the New York Marathon to raise funds for Marie Curie Nurses.
Although I wasn't a Beatles fan, my pal, Peter (see him with Sir Paul McCartney here) was.
I sat opposite Peter for years at The Liverpool Echo and as he is one of the world's leading experts on The Beatles I gained an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Fab Four.
So when I was getting ready for New York I promised Peter I would get my photograph taken in Strawberry Fields in Central Park.
I bought the hat to add a sixties swing to the photo.
The added bonus was that the hat was very, very warm.
After dropping my eldest son off at his match I returned home to dig out the hat.
And beneath the cold blue suburban skies I watched my youngest son's soccer game.
I couldn't resist posting some of my snaps of New York - Happy Days!



















On Saturday I wore....
Brown Boots - Clark's
Brown Trousers - M & C0.
Cream thermal top - Autograph
Black thermal t-shirt - Debenhams
Scarf - Matalan
Faux Fur Coat - Charity Shop

2 comments:

Heather Bestel said...

Just catching up with your blog after a weekend away in Edinburgh to catch up with some old friends.
Can't wait to see the magazine article. Love the photo of Granty and Macca (I share a birthday with Sir Paul BTW).
Have a fab week - love the hat
Heather x

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Such a cute outfit! I love how you layer.