Tuesday 4 November 2008

259 days to go: Flamenco Flamenco



When I took these photos this morning I had no idea what was in store.
I had woken at 6am to write my NaNoWriMo novel before running the dog to the beach and then getting the children up ready for school.
I had a morning's work ahead of me before a 1pm appointment at the hairdressers.
"Are you going out tonight?" she asked.
"No," I laughed. As if a mother of four would go out on a Monday evening.
But as I returned to my car to collect my youngest from school the phone rang. It was my husband to say that we were going out.He had booked the tickets and the babysitter (my mum) and we had to be ready for 6.30pm.
At 6.30pm I was still sorting the children out.
"I need to change."
"Don't worry, you are fine."
We got into the car and headed towards Liverpool. We passed the Everyman theatre where the sell-out performance of King Lear was just about to start, along Hope Street to the Philharmonic Theatre.
There were just a few minutes to spare before we rushed in to collect the tickets.
It was a one night only performance by the world's greatest Flamenco guitarist, Gerardo Nunez and his wife, Carmen Cortes, one of the world's greatest Flamenco dancers.
Can you believe it.
This morning I was fantasising about Flamenco for my photos and here I am watching the greatest show on earth.
How lucky am I?

I wore

Red skirt eBay
Black tights and shoes - tesco
Next shirt
M&S cami
Black vest - Oasis
Scarf - M&S

4 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

How very fun!!!

Sheila said...

How very serendipitous!

You look great! Hope it was a blast.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

What a great outfit and sounds like an incredible evening! I love all the scarves you've been wearing. They had such a nice touch to all of your outfits.

Darla said...

You posted recently about wearing your party clothes every day. Looks like you conjured up a little party energy with this outfit. What fun to be surprised!

Darla