Monday, 17 November 2008

245 days to go: Red Monday


I love this dress but haven't worn it for ages.
I go it off eBay last year and it is a DVF dress. Allegedly!

It came with a tag so I have to assume it is and it certainly feels good quality.
I wore it today to brighten up one of the greyest days of the year. It just doesn't seem to have got light today.
But that wasn't a problem as I had a lovely day.
I was leading my monthly PR Workshop at Train 2000 and met six inspirational women who have or are about to set up their own businesses.
I love to hear the stories about what motivated them to make such radical changes in their lives.
It isn't always the easiest option to set up your own business but I have never met anyone who said they regret it. Not yet anyway!
I wore...
Red wool dress - DVF
Brown Cami - M&S
Boots - Whistles
Necklace - Top Shop

11 comments:

Christina Lee said...

DVF-how awesome-LOVE!!!!

see you there! said...

I really like the dress. We are having such warm weather (even for CA) that I'm digging to the back of the closet for some summer things I'd put away.

Darla

a cat of impossible colour said...

Gorgeous! That colour looks wonderful on you.

notSupermum said...

REd is such a fab colour, great dress!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Oh, I am in love with DVF. I dream of one day owning a DVF dress. I almost bought one off of eBay not too long ago, as well. But, I chickened out at the end -- I wasn't sure it would look good on me. I kind of regret it, because I could have gotten it for a song.

HallmarkMarketing said...

Hi Jane

I was one of your inspirational women today, you inspired me to set up my own blog. I haven't added anything to it yet - I just wanted you to know that you looked fab in your red dress today, I enjoyed the training session and am looking forward to acting on more suggestions that you made.

Enjoy the rest of the 245 days - and hope to see you again.

Sheila said...

What an amazing dress! I want it. You should definitely wear it more, Jane.

Jane said...

Christina, Darla, nsm and Andrea - Thanks You
Michelle - if you get another chance, go for it. This was £50.00 last February and came with tags (I use it as a bookmark!)
Sue - it was a pleasure, I thought you were a brilliant bunch of ladies. I look forward to reading your blog and all about your amazing charity work.
Sheila - i will now!

Della Street Dreaming said...

God I wish I had been with all those inspirational women! It's just what I need right now. And judging by the comment left by hallmarkmarketing, you were pretty inspirational yourself!
That DVF dress would have knocked their sox off!

Stacy said...

I like that necklace!

Imogen Lamport said...

You look great in that dress Jane. I tried on a DVF wrap dress in a shop - but unfortunatly wrap dresses don't suit my lack of waist - they just make you notice that I don't have a waist, rather than creating one.

Great score on ebay!