Wednesday 19 November 2008

243 days to go: Dressing By The Book










Today started at 5.30am when I got up early to get my 1,7000 words in for NaNoWriMo before leaving for work at the prison at 7.15am.
When I arrived in the Prison Library at 8.15am the lovely librarian Ted had a cup of coffee waiting for me which gave me enough time to prepare for the class - a guided travel writing exercise. This was followed by an exercise on writing opinion pieces - and there was no shortage of those I can assure you.
The afternoon was spent working with the magazine group and helping a guy write a booklet for Mothers Against Violence.
I raced home to get changed (my husband was looking after the children) and realised I had forgotten to take my photo today (which is why you have me with no make-up on). Then it was back out again to interview the crime writer Martin Edwards in front of an audience at Cafe D'Art about his latest books - Dancing For The Hangman about Dr. Crippen and Waterloo Sunset , a crime novel set in Liverpool.
The picture above shows Martin, far left with Tony from Pritchard's Books and me at the wonderful Cafe D'Art.
I first met Martin about four years ago when I was working as a PR Consultant for Mace and Jones Solicitors where he is head of Employment Law.
I had read several of his novels before I met him so it was a great thrill to work with him.
Next week I will be attending an event organised by his firm where the winner of their Short Story Competition will be announced.
If you want to know more about Martin you can read his interview on my other literary blog.
As I was a bit nervous about speaking in front of a group I looked into my wardrobe for a confidence-boosting outfit and this blouse just screamed "wear me" which I did and it all was well!


I wore (am)
Navy Boots - Whistles
Navy Tights - John lewis
Skirt - New Look
Red top - Primark
Navy Sweater - Zara
PM
Black Boots and tights - Tesco
Black Skirt - Matalan
Blouse - Sara Berman
Necklace - Virgin Vie

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Both outfits look fab (you look amazing in that polka dot blouse), and if that's what you look like without make-up, I am totally jealous!

Darla said...

The red blouse combines atributes of professional and feminine so well. You look wonderful.

Darla

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks again for being such a great interviewer!