Monday 24 November 2008

238 days to go: Capsule Wardrobe Challenge Countdown



There is just one week to go before the first annual Capsule Wardrobe Challenge!
I know it sounds rather grand but hey, it might catch on.


The rules are fairly simple.

Between Monday December 1st and Friday December 5th you are permitted to select ten items from your wardrobe which must be mixed and matched for your working week and this includes SAHM's whose working week is spent doing the most important job in the world.

All major items including shoes and outer attire must be limited to 10.

You may choose five accessories (these include bag/purse, jewellery, scarves etc)

You are allowed one coat - more than one and you must count it as part of your 10 items.

Underwear and hosiery are excluded - use as much or as little as you wish.


So far we have 10 takers (notsupermum, Michelle , Sheila, Andrea, Kristen, Mrs Makeover, Imogen , Kayleigh and Kasmira
If you need some help then Imogen has kindly suggested a sample capsule wardrobe which can be adapted using your own wardrobe.
Please post your daily wear on your blog and link it to this post so your readers know what you are doing.
Today I wore...
Brown Boots - Clark's
Pink Skirt - Gap (with tulle petticoat)
Belt - form Karen
White Ruffle Shirt
Pink Cardigan - Zara

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add me to the list!

Darla said...

The shaping of the skirt is one of my favorites, full and swirly around the hem but not added bulk at the waist or hips.

Lookin' good!

Darla

Kayleigh said...

Love the outfit, but particularly adore the belt & blouse -- how special they look together, really flattering!

And I can't wait for the challenge, I'm dragging things out of my wardrobe closet and plotting every chance I get, lol!

Sheila said...

You look great today - awesome outfit!

I'm so excited about the challenge!

Jean said...

Ah, yes I'd better start planning my capsule wardrobe! I'll have to look at my diary first and see what is on for the week.

Shallow Coffee said...

do wedding rings count as part of the five accessories?

Paul said...

Great !
Kristen - the wedding ring doesn't count and neither do engagement or eternity rings!

Paul said...

Sorry - I am posting with my husband's blogger name - for Paul read Jane!!

Shallow Coffee said...

Terrific! That definitely makes it easier, relatively speaking!

Andrea Eames said...

Yay! Exciting. I'm actually really nervous about it, though :P

I'll do a post on this soon, inking back to you. :D

A xx

Andrea Eames said...

Or linking, even. :P

Sheila said...

I'd like to add that I'm not counting my workout wear (for my transport to and from work), as that would be 4 items right there. No one actually sees me in it - I am quite sure that I'm invisible in the mornings, ha!

Jane said...

Thanks everyone for rising to the challenge.
Sheila you've added another - workout gear doesn't count!

Goober said...

Sounds like fun - sign me up!

mothertoall said...

I would love to join your capsule wardrobe challenge. I have been reading your blog a while now, and I really love your clothing combinations!
I would never be so bold with color, so my capsule will be very boring...but I hope to gain insight from all the other capsule wardrobes.

lm said...

Looking great :) I love yr blog...follwing u! keep up ur work x

www.boffism.blogspot.com