Thursday 13 November 2008

249 days to go:


I am grateful to Kasmira for her Masterclass on wearing scarves.
As the weather turns colder I like the warmth a scarf brings to my body and the bonus is that worn correctly (which I don't always manage) it can give a great boost to an outfit with both colour and texture.
This scarf was a gift from my sister in law a few Christmases ago and it isn't looking as good as it should as I threw it in the washing machine and it lost some of its lustre.
But I wore it on the day of my interview for the prison job and see it as my lucky scarf now.
I love this skirt. I bought it in TK Maxx in September 2004 for about £15.00 and when it comes to pounds per wear this skirt owes me nothing.
I have worn it during the day, for evenings out and in both summer and winter.
It is a lovely fine needlecord with a velvety sheen and comes with a length of tulle attached to make it look like a petticoat.
I feel both dressed and relaxed in this skirt. Great for work and for snuggling up on the sofa with my great new Susannah and Trinny book.
I am not a great fan of S&T but have to admit this book - "Who Do You Want To Be Today" - is genius.
But more on the book tomorrow.
Got to get back to work now.


I am wearing ...
Skirt - TK Maxx
Tights - Tesco
Shoes - Next
Jumper - New Look
Scarf - East

5 comments:

Shallow Coffee said...

Interesting. I just did a mini review of the book and I really didn't like it. I'm interested on your perspective. Maybe I missed something.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

The skirt is fantastic. (I don't have nearly enough winter skirts or dresses and am in withdrawal.)

Looking forward to hearing more about the book!

Darla said...

Great skirt and fantastic that they added that extra flounce of tulle. I've never heard of the book or the people who wrote it. I'll wait for your review.

Darla

Mervat said...

Lovely look. I love skirts of this style and have one myself (must wear it more often!).

For me to enjoy a book, my surroundings are pivotal and that looks like a great sofa to indulge and read!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

First thing I thought when I saw your picture was, "I love that skirt!" It is beautiful. Can't wait to hear about the book!